NOVI MICHIGAN CHILD CUSTODY LAWYERS
Wayne County Divorce Firm
Protecting Children in Northville and Plymouth
Call a Michigan child custody attorney at The Shaw Law Firm for clear answers to your questions about child custody. While there are many aspects of a divorce that can be challenging, the most difficult are often the issues of child custody and parenting time. Parents who are not married may also face challenges, as the thought of co-parenting with a former spouse or partner may seem impossible. If you are facing a child custody dispute in Novi, Michigan, having a good child custody attorney is essential. Having the right child custody attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. We have 30 years of child custody experience. We have extensive divorce trial experience including parenting time, property settlements, child support, alimony and other serious divorce related issues. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce.
The Shaw Law Firm has offices in Novi, Ann Arbor and Plymouth and has the right divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all divorce matters throughout South East Michigan.
Learn more about How To Get Ready For A Custody Battle.
Thank you for visiting The Shaw Law Firm, and we hope that will you come back again!
Ann Arbor Child Custody Lawyers
Michigan law encourages parents involved in a custody dispute to cooperate in creating a custody arrangement that is in their child’s best interests. When parents cannot reach an agreement, the court must intervene and structure a custody order.
At either parent’s request, the court must consider a joint custody arrangement. Joint custody means that both parents will share responsibility for making important decisions related to the child, including decisions regarding education, medical care, religious upbringing, and participation in extracurricular activities. If the court determines that joint custody is not in the child’s best interest, sole custody will be granted to one parent. In making such decisions, the court must take into account many factors, including:
- The relationship between the child and each parent;
- The ability of each parent to provide for the child’s needs;
- The length and quality of the child’s current living situation;
- The family structure offered by each parent;
- Each parent’s physical and mental health, as well as moral fitness;
- The child’s relationships at home, in school, and within the community;
- The child’s wishes, considering the child’s maturity and understanding of the situation;
- The willingness and ability of each parent to facilitate the child’s relationship with the other parent; and
- Any history of domestic violence by either parent, including incidents not involving the child.
Call For A Free Consultation At 248-374-1800.
The Shaw Law Firm
30 Years of Experience Working For You.
Child Custody Lawyers that can give you immediate answers to your Child Custody and Child Support questions.
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.
Major areas we serve:
- South Lyon
- Walled Lak
- Farmington Hills
- Ann Arbor